RSF Cerith snail larval development photoessay

Umm_fish?
  • Total Posts : 2835
  • Scores: 10
  • Reward points : 953
RSF Cerith snail larval development photoessay - Thursday, January 7, 2010 8:54 PM
I photographed and put together a short photoessay featuring the lovely RSF Cerith species that I am breeding in celebration of Ron Shimek's course at the RSF. I hope that some of these photos might be useful to illustrate different stages of snail larval development. You can view it here: http://www.ummfish.com/

cmpenney
  • Total Posts : 2772
  • Scores: 8
  • Reward points : 1443
Re:RSF Cerith snail larval development photoessay - Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:17 PM
Very cool Andy. It's so neat to see life develop in front of your eyes like that.
Chad Penney - MBI Council
Agis quod Adis

Fishtal
  • Total Posts : 5467
  • Scores: 37
  • Reward points : 2908
Re:RSF Cerith snail larval development photoessay - Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:49 PM
Great pics!  What cam were you using?
http://www.fishtalpropagations.com/#!home/mainPage
"Making captive breeding easier."

Umm_fish?
  • Total Posts : 2835
  • Scores: 10
  • Reward points : 953
Re:RSF Cerith snail larval development photoessay - Thursday, January 7, 2010 11:01 PM
Thanks, y'all. It's an old Canon 20D with the Canon MP-65mm macro lens and a couple of external flashes mounted out on the end of the lens. What a cool lens! The _farthest_ from the end of the lens that it can focus is about 4.5 inches, but that's at 1x lifesize. At about 1" from the end of the lens you get 5x lifesize. The Ceriths were shot at about 3x. It's not terribly good at tank photos, but it's great at shooting stuff on the glass.

cmpenney
  • Total Posts : 2772
  • Scores: 8
  • Reward points : 1443
Re:RSF Cerith snail larval development photoessay - Friday, January 8, 2010 10:31 AM
From the first pics I thought you where using a disecting scope to that the pictures. Wasn't until you mentioned the fouling of the glass that I realized it was a camera!
Chad Penney - MBI Council
Agis quod Adis