Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal)

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 81 to 90 of 90 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
cmpenney
  • Total Posts : 2772
  • Reward points : 1443
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) - Monday, April 11, 2011 6:25 AM
I got mine to eat coursely ground up flake food last night. I'm hoping to have my Otohime B1 by the end of the week and that will be my gateway to getting these guys to take pellets by the time they are salable.
Chad Penney - MBI Council
Agis quod Adis

cmpenney
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) - Saturday, April 23, 2011 12:59 PM
Well I've posted this in a couple other places but I should also have it as a matter of record in my journal as well.

I've moved to feeding them mostly Oto B1 and TDO C1 now. I'm still giving them frozen Cyclopeeze eonce every couple days but it's not a major part of their diet.  Oto is being fed 3-4 times daily and I usually give both the B1 and C1 at the same time.
Agis quod Adis

cmpenney
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) - Sunday, April 24, 2011 8:46 AM
So the Magic Banggai strike again:

Last night while feeding the babies just before lights out I look over to the display tank and to my surprise there is a baby Banggai in my display tank! It's about the size of the other babies which means it could be one that was released when I was trying to net the male. Or it may have been one of the small ones from the batch before that I had thought disappeared.
Agis quod Adis

cmpenney
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) - Sunday, April 24, 2011 8:57 AM
Now that I get a god look at the little guy this morning. He is significantly larger than the babies in growout. I'm betting he is one of the last batch that had disappeared. Either that or the Easter Bunny is bringing fish now
Agis quod Adis

cmpenney
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) - Sunday, April 24, 2011 9:35 AM
Here are some pics.. Sorry about the fuzzy foreground. He wasn't making it easy to get a pic.

Agis quod Adis

cmpenney
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) - Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:09 PM
Well I'm continuing to feed pretty much only prepared foods. Still feeding the Otohime C1, but also some spectrum pellets, Cyclopeeze pellets, Hikari Marine-S, etc. Every couple days they get some frozen Cyclopeeze as well.
My feeding has slacked a little and I've realized that lately I'm only feeding once or twice a day. Life getting in the way again I think

So here are my official 60 DPS pictures:

Agis quod Adis

Fishtal
  • Total Posts : 5467
  • Reward points : 2908
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) - Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:10 PM
Nice shot Chad and congrats on getting to 60DPS!
http://www.fishtalpropagations.com/#!home/mainPage
"Making captive breeding easier."

cmpenney
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) - Sunday, June 26, 2011 3:52 PM
Well the last of my babies went to the store today..It turned out that I had 22 in the tank. So it is very possible that I never lost a single fish during this process.

Agis quod Adis

Umm_fish?
  • Total Posts : 2835
  • Reward points : 953
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) - Monday, June 27, 2011 12:48 AM
Yay! Go Chad!
--Andy, the bucket man.
"Not to know the mandolin is to argue oneself unknown...." --Clara Lanza, 1886

cmpenney
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) - Monday, June 27, 2011 4:32 AM
I miss them now though.. I need to get some more Broodstock going so I can get me some more babies!
Agis quod Adis

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 81 to 90 of 90 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version