Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion peridariaon "Vanuatu" (Pink Skunk color variant)

mPedersen
  • Total Posts : 3450
  • Reward points : 1376
Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion peridariaon "Vanuatu" (Pink Skunk color variant) - Friday, February 5, 2010 12:09 AM
Breeding Journal DataSheet for Amphiprion peridariaon

General
Species: Amphiprion peridariaon - specifically, an orange color variant collected from Vanuatu
Social Structure: male female monogamous pair
Size of Individuals: Male 2", Female 3"+
Age of Individuals: unknown (wild caught)
Date added to Tank: 2-4-2010

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank:
Substrate Details:
Filtration Details:
Water Changes:
Water Temperature:
Lighting:
Lighting Cycle:
Other Tank Inhabitants:

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types: Pellets (including Formula 1, Formula 2, Aquathrive, Spectrum, Red Sea etc...), Frozen mysis and brine shrimp (multiple brands), occasionally squid, cyclopeeze etc...
Feeding Schedule: Multiple feedings per day, minimum 3.

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn:
Spawn Time of Day:
Dates of Consecutive Spawns:
CourtShip Details:
Egg Size:
Egg Color:
Egg Count:

Hatch Details
Hatch Date:
Hatch Time of Day:
# Days after Spawn:
Larve Description:

Larval Tank Details
Temperature:
Size of Larval Tank:
Substrate Details:
Other Tank Decor:
Filtration Details:
Lighting:
Lighting Cycle:
Water Changes:

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types:
Feeding Schedule:

Metamorphosis/Settlement
Date of Settlement Start:
Days after Hatch:
Date of Settlement End:
Description of Fry:

Grow-Out Tank Details
Temperature:
Size of Grow-Out Tank:
Substrate Details:
Other Tank Decor:
Filtration Details:
Lighting:
Lighting Cycle:
Water Changes:
Size at Transfer:
Age at Transfer

Grow-Out Feeding Details
Food Types:
Feeding Schedule:

Additional Information
Miscellaneous Information:

You will be required to provide photographic evidence in this thread of each event submitted for the MBI Program.
If your thread does not contain these photos the MBI Committee will not be able to approve your reports.
<message edited by mPedersen on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:19 PM>

mPedersen
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion peridariaon "Vanuatu" (Pink Skunk color variant) - Friday, February 5, 2010 12:12 AM
NEW PAIR of fish arrived at the Pedersen Hatchery - a pair of Vanuatu Collected Pink Skunk Clowns.  My wonderful inlaws sent them to me for my birthday (better than sending flowers, that's for sure!!).  These were from the Diver's Den, and Kevin had them listed as "color variants".  In a nutshell, it's interesting that these showed up coinciding with other orange Pink Skunks coming in as "Sunkists" from Fiji.

The pictures tell the story - as of 10:30 this evening (2-4), they were already hosting in the RBTA clone.  I'm keeping them in a breeder net for now as I'm not sure how the Starkii pair will react if I put them in the main tank, AND I'm not sure I want the anemone roaming aorund the main tank (and taking out my dragonettes )  Granted, the clowns may keep any wandering fish away.

Here's those pix:

Here's the pix!

kileysmama
  • Total Posts : 65
  • Reward points : 840
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion peridariaon "Vanuatu" (Pink Skunk color variant) - Friday, February 5, 2010 12:19 AM
Nice birthday pressent, Matt!  The coloring on those clowns is wonderful.... 

mPedersen
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion peridariaon "Vanuatu" (Pink Skunk color variant) - Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:17 PM
They're settling in well, the female is a pig.  I've tilted their breeder box so that there's maybe 1/2" to 3/4" of a gap below the surface.  The RBTA they're hosting in has taken to extending out over that edge, and the clowns have taken to jumping over the barrier in and out of the breeder net at will.  It's kinda interesting to see them do this.  I'm not sure what the long term plan is yet - clearly the love the RBTA (even though they're not supposed to host in it!).  Do I just let the RBTA loose in the tank, or do I keep this weird setup going?  The thought process is that I'd rather not put the RBTA into the tank for fear of losing a dragonette or two to it.  Then again, in the past, clowns have done a really good job at keeping mandarins away from whatever they're residing in...so maybe it's a non-issue?  Decisions decisions.  I'll try to take some new pictures tomorrow!