Invert breeding book.

Umm_fish?
  • Total Posts : 2835
  • Scores: 10
  • Reward points : 953
Invert breeding book. - Friday, November 19, 2010 7:54 AM
Hey all! I'm on an automated Alibris search that shows me whenever this book is available. This is, by far, the cheapest I've ever seen it offered.

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch.detail?invid=10395830119&cm_mmc=B-_-7-_-A-_-A

Yes, it is a cold water book. Yes, it is a little old. Yes, it is a little academic. But this is it as far as collections of techniques go for breeding a wide range of invertebrate families. This book _should_ exist for tropical animals, but it doesn't. That said, lots of the cold water animals have cousins in the tropics and many of the techniques in this book can be applied.

Somebody please jump on this book while it's cheap. For comparison, I paid about $100 for my copy.
--Andy, the bucket man.
"Not to know the mandolin is to argue oneself unknown...." --Clara Lanza, 1886

Hellaenergy
  • Total Posts : 91
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 252
Re:Invert breeding book. - Friday, November 19, 2010 12:16 PM
Swoop! Thanks Andy.
Live and Learn

THEJRC
  • Total Posts : 1006
  • Scores: 4
  • Reward points : 555
Re:Invert breeding book. - Saturday, November 20, 2010 8:55 PM
*sniff*
I will vouch, I love this book!!!  The basics are covered fairly well when dealing with different species, and reading through gives one a ton of tips and hints for when they encounter specific needs to be met.  For general methodology this has actually become one of my bibles and sits very well used right between Hoffs plankton manual and kiorboe's mechanistic plankton ecology book (yeah I'm a geek)  Very nice price I paid the same as Andy...
Pelagically yours,
~J