Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Ocellaris]

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 121 to 129 of 129 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
ignatz
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Reward points : 161
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Ocellaris] - Wednesday, February 2, 2011 6:23 AM
Awesome!  Congratulations on the baby fish.

Chelle's Ocean
  • Total Posts : 399
  • Reward points : 242
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Ocellaris] - Wednesday, February 2, 2011 10:19 AM
Cheers Thanks! So happy, lol....they are so cute now that they are looking more like fish,lol!
Michelle  

Chelle's Ocean
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Ocellaris] - Saturday, February 5, 2011 8:57 PM
Cheers  Babies are 15 days old today

Here is the latest snap video:

The only thing that is sad is that somehow my numbers have gone from 16 to 9-13... but each time I try to count, another one pops out from a corner, lol... so it is not accurate to pinpoint a # yet. But, I am not pulling out little bodies, so I am not sure where they went.....(?)

I have removed the bubbler and the airstone, and have placed in the foam filter that I had sitting in the parents tank.
Also siphoned alot of the bottom, and added more water from the parent tank. (everything that is being siphoned is placed into a glass bowl to double check no babies have gotten sucked up )

Ammonia levels are good, still within the yellow margin
Feeding seems good, seems like they are all aware when I put the food in - and they go crazy for it

There are a couple that have not colored up yet, and a couple that seem to be darker than the others.. so it will be fun to see how they turn out.
Michelle  

Chelle's Ocean
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Ocellaris] - Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:25 PM
Today is Day 16....can I offer Cyclops--eez without worry?
Michelle  

Fishtal
  • Total Posts : 5467
  • Reward points : 2908
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Ocellaris] - Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:50 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Chelle's Ocean

Today is Day 16....can I offer Cyclops--eez without worry?

Should be fine. Just try a tiny amount first.
http://www.fishtalpropagations.com/#!home/mainPage
"Making captive breeding easier."

Chelle's Ocean
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Ocellaris] - Sunday, February 6, 2011 4:02 PM
Thanks Tal
Michelle  

Barelycuda
  • Total Posts : 186
  • Reward points : 829
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Ocellaris] - Sunday, February 6, 2011 9:53 PM
Congratulations Michelle.  I saw that you had asked about Otohime B1.  I usually introduce B1 to my baby's around day 28ish.  You can always feed a little of both at first until you see that all of them can take to it.  Once you can notice that all appear to be ok with the B1 then you can discontinue the A.  I always try to take the philosophy that the bigger food that they can take the faster that they grow.  May not hold 100% true but it has worked well for me.

Dave

Chelle's Ocean
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Ocellaris] - Monday, February 7, 2011 3:41 AM
Thanks for sharing Dave

The surviving bunch are seeming to do well. They are soooo adorable, coming up to the front glass panel at feeding time - so cute

I am not wanting to press my luck just yet, so I think I will continue with oto A for now, and slowly introduce the B1 and cyclops in very small increments...
Michelle  

Chelle's Ocean
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Ocellaris] - Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:23 PM
Added a very small piece of live rock today
Michelle  

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 121 to 129 of 129 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version