Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula]

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 81 to 88 of 88 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Chelle's Ocean
  • Total Posts : 399
  • Reward points : 242
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula] - Monday, June 13, 2011 8:45 PM
Michelle  

Fishtal
  • Total Posts : 5467
  • Reward points : 2908
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula] - Monday, June 13, 2011 9:23 PM
Nice looking pair. From what I understand about grading:
Grade A= at least 2 bars connected on both sides
Grade B= at least 2 bars connected on one side
http://www.fishtalpropagations.com/#!home/mainPage
"Making captive breeding easier."

Chelle's Ocean
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula] - Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:17 AM
Ok, so since the tail and middle bar connect.... they would then be Grade A?

How do you get the "Premium" Grade A title, lol? Does this have to do with more "wild" markings, unusual patterns?

I am sending a link of the video to an ORA friend on facebook, to see if he can have them graded for me
Michelle  

Chelle's Ocean
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula] - Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:26 AM
Definitely Grade 'A' - need to wait abit longer as advised to see if more black will fill in to see if Premium would be included or not...(i.e. 'weird patterns') very happy so far with their patterns. They have paired up quite nicely Can't wait until I can post something on their spawning activity.... have some time to kill waiting for this, so will be M.I.A. from this page (unless something comes up) and will be visiting everyone else's posts.

By the way...........Happy Father's Day to all the Dads here!!
Michelle  

Fishtal
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula] - Sunday, June 19, 2011 11:09 AM
Personally, I'm not a fan of the whole grading thing. I just price my offspring based on how cool they look. 

Chelle's Ocean
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula] - Monday, June 20, 2011 4:32 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Fishtal

Personally, I'm not a fan of the whole grading thing. I just price my offspring based on how cool they look. 

Michelle  

Chelle's Ocean
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula] - Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:17 PM
Ok.......... I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! lololol
Hi everyone. Just popping in to give a quick update.
My pair are now, from what I can tell - are possibly 2 years old. If I got them at about 4 months...and got them on 1/18/2011...
They have been nipping, swirling, and chasing each other behind the terracotta pot these past couple weeks - The female is looking FIERCE, a.k.a. Gorgeous in my opinion, So Pretty ! Their patterns ghave pretty much stayed on queue with each other- very similar.
I am hoping they and the ORA occy's do not lay at the same time, as this is what I am thinking- they are almost competing with each other it is funny.
There can be dead silence, no movement- then if one pair does something, the other pair has to show them off. lol
(they are both housed in a 20L at the moment, with a divider- so I am sure they "smell or sense" that one of them is getting ready to spawn.)
Anyway- just wanted to share since it has been awhile.
Michelle  

Fishtal
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula] - Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:22 PM
Good to hear.

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 81 to 88 of 88 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version