Breeding Journal, Species: Wetmorella albofasciata

Arc Katana
  • Total Posts : 929
  • Reward points : 1293
Breeding Journal, Species: Wetmorella albofasciata - Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:25 AM
Wetmorella albofasciataBreeding Journal DataSheet
This first post should be updated regularly to include new information as events take place or changes are made to your system

General
Species:  Wetmorella albofasciata
Social Structure:  unknown - possibly Harem
Size of Individuals:  All are 1-1.25"
Age of Individuals:  Unknown
Date added to Tank:  May 14th

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank:  9 Gallons (12"x12"x14")
Substrate Details:  1" crushed coral
Filtration Details:  Hang on back powerfilter / live rock
Water Changes:  20% Biweekly
Water Temperature:  80F
Lighting:  Panorma LED Strips (13W White/Blue, 13W Blue)
Lighting Cycle:  13 On 11 Off
Other Tank Inhabitants:  Black and White Clown, Yellow Watchman goby

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types:  Frozen mysis,brine, Rods Food.  Freeze dried Cyclopeeze, live copepods
Feeding Schedule:  3-4 times daily

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn: 
Spawn Time of Day: 
Dates of Consecutive Spawns: 
Courtship Details: 
Egg Size: 
Egg Color: 
Egg Count: 

Hatch Details
Hatch Date: 
Hatch Time of Day: 
# Days after Spawn: 
Larvae Description: 

Larval Tank Details
Temperature: 
Size of Larval Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Metamorphosis/Settlement
Date of Settlement Start: 
Days after Hatch: 
Date of Settlement End: 
Description of Fry: 

Grow-Out Tank Details

Temperature: 
Size of Grow-Out Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 
Size at Transfer: 
Age at Transfer: 

Grow-Out Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Additional Information

(No Pictures or Videos in the Section Please)
Miscellaneous Information: 

You will be required to provide photographic or video evidence in this thread of each event submitted for the MBI Program.
If your thread does not contain these photos the MBI Committee will not be able to approve your reports. PHOTOS AND VIDEO S MUST BE PLACED IN ADDITIONAL POSTS, NEVER IN THE FIRST POST IN A JOURNAL.

Arc Katana
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Wetmorella albofasciata - Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:40 AM
So trying to use a single snap to catch them proved harder than I thought - here's a video of the tank

rgrking
  • Total Posts : 712
  • Reward points : 446
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Wetmorella albofasciata - Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:43 PM
very nice video!
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Arc Katana
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Wetmorella albofasciata - Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:19 AM
So about six or so days into them being in the new tank things seem to be pretty good.  No aggression, they are munching on pods and frozen mysis/brine without too much issue.  Coloration has come up - instead of the faded orange, I'm seeing more of a brick red color on all of them.  Also they have taken to swimming more - a couple are constantly cruising.  I wish they would go after cyclopeeze a bit more - but they aren't all that into it.   I can only imagine what their color would be if they ate that every day!

The b/w clown and yellow watchman goby have shown zero signs of aggression / interest in them and vice versa.  Every now and then the clown might swim towards a wrasse if he's going for food and a wrasse gets it first, but thats it.

Part of the activity might be coming from  the fact the back half of the tank is lit by blue LEDS - so it is a little darker than the front.  I think its helping in keeping them more active as it is not as bright.  I'm sure the mushrooms and zoas don't mind the 12 hours of blue 453 light either!

Added more snails as diatoms kicked on full steam about two days ago.  So running with five astrea snails in a nine gallon tank.  I "think" I'm seeing some preliminary rises from pairs, at least a couple of test runs.  Unless I got extremely lucky and have one male and three females, its looking like promiscuous spawning might be possible as I could have a little harem going.  I say this as the one that didn't make might have been a male that got picked on.

In any event, they are all fattening up pretty well, and I look forward to seeing how these guys shake out.