Breeding Journal, Species: Liopropoma rubre

Arc Katana
  • Total Posts : 929
  • Reward points : 1293
Breeding Journal, Species: Liopropoma rubre - Sunday, June 12, 2011 2:05 PM
Breeding Journal DataSheet
This first post should be updated regularly to include new information as events take place or changes are made to your system

General
Species:  Liopropoma rubre
Social Structure:  Pair
Size of Individuals:  M: 2" F: 1.5"
Age of Individuals:  Unknown
Date added to Tank:  April 30th

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank:  15 Gallons
Substrate Details:  Crushed Coral
Filtration Details:  HOB Filter, HOB Skimmer
Water Changes:  Bi-weekly (10-15%)
Water Temperature:  80
Lighting: Dual T5 Ati Blue, Ati Blue Special
Lighting Cycle:  12:12
Other Tank Inhabitants:  Neon Gobies (pair), hermit crabs, snails, peppermint shrimp, mysid shrimp

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types:  Frozen/Dry/Freeze Dried
Feeding Schedule:  3 - 4 daily at random times

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn:  6/10/2011
Spawn Time of Day:  Night
Dates of Consecutive Spawns:  2
Courtship Details:  Male does a slow nudging of the female and they have a short rise
Egg Size:  tiny - .5/.6 MM
Egg Color:  Clear with white dot
Egg Count:  60-100

Hatch Details
Hatch Date: 
Hatch Time of Day: 
# Days after Spawn: 
Larvae Description: 

Larval Tank Details
Temperature: 
Size of Larval Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Metamorphosis/Settlement
Date of Settlement Start: 
Days after Hatch: 
Date of Settlement End: 
Description of Fry: 

Grow-Out Tank Details

Temperature: 
Size of Grow-Out Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 
Size at Transfer: 
Age at Transfer: 

Grow-Out Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Additional Information

(No Pictures or Videos in the Section Please)
Miscellaneous Information: 

You will be required to provide photographic or video evidence in this thread of each event submitted for the MBI Program.
If your thread does not contain these photos the MBI Committee will not be able to approve your reports. PHOTOS AND VIDEO S MUST BE PLACED IN ADDITIONAL POSTS, NEVER IN THE FIRST POST IN A JOURNAL.

Arc Katana
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Liopropoma rubre] - Sunday, June 12, 2011 2:06 PM
Ill post pics of the pair when I feed next.  They started spawning for me the other night.

Arc Katana
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Liopropoma rubre] - Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:29 PM
I alternate between joy and pure hatred with these guys.  The female eats just about anything, the male will only eat live mysid or frozen mysid shrimp.  Because of his feeding habits, he's lost most of his color.  The female has better color, but still isn't as "rosy" as some other pictures I've seen.  

What I'll be trying to do is now culture mysid shrimp that are fed on freeze dried cyclopeeze, hopefully the astathaxan (totally spelled wrong) will carry over into the mysid and thus the swissguard.  

There tank is a 15G, with a pair of b/w clowns added into the mix, along with one yellow assessor that moved over when I took down their 10g tank.  So bioload is  bit high, but filtration and h20 changes should balance that out.  HOB Reef octopus skimmer (up to 75g), and a Bio-wheel 200 HOB filter.  I've also got about 30lbs of live rock in there too.  The gobies are spawning in some random hole (male disappears for 2-3 days at a time, then shows up and hangs out with female), I keep finding floating eggs (they get caught in the cyano on the magfloat) of the rubre.  The assessor is there as I've no where else to put em.  Everyone gets along tho, so far so good.

Arc Katana
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Liopropoma rubre] - Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:27 PM
I've forgotten pics for to long!  They love to sulk about, so here is the best I've gotten sans them bolting for food:

Male:

Female:

Pair (Look close - female is in the back going right, male in front going left)

And a better shot of the male:

KathyL
  • Total Posts : 2639
  • Reward points : 1504
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Liopropoma rubre] - Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:58 PM
Gorgeous!