Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course

cmpenney
  • Total Posts : 2772
  • Scores: 8
  • Reward points : 1443
Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Sunday, July 24, 2011 7:17 PM
Are you interested in starting a new shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course? We can setup a custom forum with security to meet the needs of your project.  Please contact us today and a member of the MBI Council will discuss the needs of your project and get forum configured to best fit your needs.
Chad Penney - MBI Council
Agis quod Adis

Caesra
  • Total Posts : 317
  • Scores: 2
  • Reward points : 195
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:07 PM
I would, but I have little knowledge to bring to the table...just curiousity and attention to detail

Rook
  • Total Posts : 804
  • Scores: 1
  • Reward points : 1287
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Monday, July 25, 2011 1:44 PM
so, how does this work?  I'd love to sign up for Andy's program, but there is no posting and no instructions on how to join!!
Rook

Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1215
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 400
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Monday, July 25, 2011 2:34 PM
The information is now up in the forum. Andy is our test subject so we are working the flow out a little bit.

Umm_fish?
  • Total Posts : 2835
  • Scores: 10
  • Reward points : 953
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Monday, July 25, 2011 2:34 PM
Shhh, Jeremy. We were trying to hide it from you....
--Andy, the bucket man.
"Not to know the mandolin is to argue oneself unknown...." --Clara Lanza, 1886

arhyne
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 34
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:06 PM
Quote Originally Posted by cmpenney

Are you interested in starting a new shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course? We can setup a custom forum with security to meet the needs of your project.  Please contact us today and a member of the MBI Council will discuss the needs of your project and get forum configured to best fit your needs.

Chad, I'm about to start an training workshop and online course combo as part of a grant we just received to train public aquarium folks to rear fish they have spawning on exhibit.  It might make sense to set it up something on here.  I have forums and discussion boards on RWU's online course site, but I want it as open as possible.  At some point the forums and course material will be opened as an archive to the public for us.  It would be worth discussing.

Fishtal
  • Total Posts : 5467
  • Scores: 37
  • Reward points : 2908
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:11 PM
Quote Originally Posted by arhyne

Chad, I'm about to start an training workshop and online course combo as part of a grant we just received to train public aquarium folks to rear fish they have spawning on exhibit.  It might make sense to set it up something on here.  I have forums and discussion boards on RWU's online course site, but I want it as open as possible.  At some point the forums and course material will be opened as an archive to the public for us.  It would be worth discussing.

Sounds interesting. Can you email me the details?
http://www.fishtalpropagations.com/#!home/mainPage
"Making captive breeding easier."

CableGuy
  • Total Posts : 591
  • Scores: 7
  • Reward points : 731
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:33 PM
I'd love to know more about this as well!
-Adam

arhyne
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:38 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Fishtal

Quote Originally Posted by arhyne

Sounds interesting. Can you email me the details?

Tal, I meant to talk to you about this but just got busy with the semester.  shot me an email.  arhyne(at)rwu.edu 
We're going to be developing a soup to nuts series of lectures, handouts, worksheets and such.  We will also be hosting 18 aquariums +/- for 4 workshops 4-5 days of hands on how to over the next three years.  There was suppose to be some press coming out on it.  I need to check to see where that is. 

As some of you guys know I have been wanting to have hobbyist workshops since the day I arrived at RWU, over 4 years ago. I at one time started to work on getting an online course set up for shrimp rearing courses, but didn't have time to finish it.  We will be hosting in the near future 3-5 day short courses for hobbyists but I don't want to step on what Tal has developed. Our grant funded workshops will really be a great foundation for intensive focus course work on the topic.  I think it would benefit hobbyists for the long term. 

I'll keep an update going as we get moving, but in the mean time feel free to email me if you have specific questions. 

Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1215
  • Reward points : 400
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:41 PM
Andy,

You just let us know what you need and I'm sure that we can get something setup for you.

Umm_fish?
  • Total Posts : 2835
  • Scores: 10
  • Reward points : 953
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:15 PM
Oh, man. I am still interested in taking that shrimp class if you are still interested in teaching it, Andy.
--Andy, the bucket man.
"Not to know the mandolin is to argue oneself unknown...." --Clara Lanza, 1886

arhyne
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:02 PM
I don't know what I need right now.  At the very least I'd like a link to our portal we create.  Someone integrate your database entry into that site, so we can report data to you guys.  At the most I'm going to want you to make me a portal  

Our course management folks have some nice toys but I am not what anyone could call forum savvy.

road8514
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Scores: 5
  • Reward points : 1239
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:56 PM
I am very interested in any and all aspects of classes. Please keep us informed

rgrking
  • Total Posts : 712
  • Scores: 22
  • Reward points : 446
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:29 PM
I'm interested in this as well.

Thanks!
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

dave w
  • Total Posts : 296
  • Scores: -2
  • Reward points : 549
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Saturday, February 9, 2013 9:39 AM
I think you folks have a brilliant idea.  Specialization can greatly help in raising ornamentals because one person with a pair of breeding emperor angels in a large tank isn't the same person set up to grow plankton for first food.    

In trying to build my own system I've been spread out among so many aspects of breeding that after two years my system still isn't ready.   So I'll be carefully reading along as this idea develops.  Keep up the good work.

Dave W. 

EasterEggs
  • Total Posts : 1946
  • Scores: 19
  • Reward points : 735
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:36 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Umm_fish?

Oh, man. I am still interested in taking that shrimp class if you are still interested in teaching it, Andy.

Me too!!!!  I probably can't work on that project until summer though, after we move.
Don't let fear and common sense stop you! =]

reeflover
  • Total Posts : 183
  • Reward points : 258
Re:Start a shared breeding project, co-operative, or breeding course - Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:34 PM
Please include me as well.  Varied interests.  Have some info and resources to share as well.  Thanks.