Quad???

rgrking
  • Total Posts : 712
  • Scores: 22
  • Reward points : 446
Quad??? - Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:12 AM
So I've had three regular ocellaris that have been a trio for a few years now.  Also, there has been a Darwin in the tank, but it wasn't allowed to close to any of them or the nem. Well last night I noticed my big female not being around the nem and up swimming in the upper portion of the tank. Then I noticed the Darwin twitching to the female. I think it's trying to pair after all these years. I thought clowns formed tight bonds with its mate.

The Darwin is the second largest clown in the tank, but it has been for a few years. That's what I can't understand. Has anyone else seen this happen? Is it common?

Here's a quick video.

RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

KathyL
  • Total Posts : 2639
  • Scores: 13
  • Reward points : 1504
Re:Quad??? - Thursday, August 4, 2011 5:28 PM
Darwins tend to be a bit more aggressive than orange oceys, so it kinda makes sense.

rgrking
  • Total Posts : 712
  • Scores: 22
  • Reward points : 446
Re:Quad??? - Thursday, August 4, 2011 5:43 PM
Thanks Kathy!

I was at Seascape the other day looking at some of your babies!
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

KathyL
  • Total Posts : 2639
  • Scores: 13
  • Reward points : 1504
Re:Quad??? - Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:52 PM
WE have to meet up sometime. Or have we already.  Sadly, I have no memory whatsoever….