Culture Journal, Species: Artemia franciscana

rgrking
  • Total Posts : 712
  • Reward points : 446
Culture Journal, Species: Artemia franciscana - Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:35 PM
Culturing Journal DataSheet
This first post should be updated regularly to include new information as events take place or changes are made to your system

General
Species:  Artemia Franciscana
Species description:  Brine Shrimp
Culture source (link if possible):  www.yourfishstuff.com
If algae, CCMP # (Optional): 
http://ccmp.bigelow.edu/
Culture Establishment Date:  09/17/2011
Continuation Date:  12/17/2011

Culturing Vessel Details
Salinity:  1.024
Temperature:    70F
pH:  8.0

Vessel description:  10 gallon tank
Lighting description:  Ambient Lighting
Lighting cycle:  on 11:30 AM off 9:30 PM
Aeration description:  two bubble wands. One on each long side of the time. Easy flow.

Methodologies
Split methodology:  n/a

Culture medium description:  RGComplete.

Cell count:  unknown
 (if known)

Reference links:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brine_shrimp

Additional Information
(No Pictures or Videos in the Section Please)
Notes:  Using a 2L bottle that is cut in half to hatch these. Never raised them yet. Figured I would start a culture to see how to do it and have some trial and errors.

You will be required to provide photographic evidence and as much detail as possible about your project in this thread.
If your thread does not contain detailed enough photos  and information the MBI Council will not be able to approve your reports.

<message edited by rgrking on Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:21 AM>
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

rgrking
Re:Culture Journal, Species: Artemia franciscana - Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:52 PM

RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

rgrking
Re:Culture Journal, Species: Artemia franciscana - Friday, January 20, 2012 8:54 PM
here's a sample from my culture. I couldn't get any good pics, so I had to pull some and video them.

RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

KathyL
  • Total Posts : 2639
  • Reward points : 1504
Re:Culture Journal, Species: Artemia franciscana - Saturday, January 21, 2012 12:56 PM
Looks like you did it!

rgrking
Re:Culture Journal, Species: Artemia franciscana - Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:50 PM
lol yes yes. ty ty. they are the hardest so far lol.

I actually like having a culture of them around. It's quick and easy food for a snack for the clowns.
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef