Culture Journal, Species: Tigriopus californicus

rgrking
  • Total Posts : 712
  • Reward points : 446
Culture Journal, Species: Tigriopus californicus - Sunday, October 2, 2011 7:04 PM
Culturing Journal DataSheet
This first post should be updated regularly to include new information as events take place or changes are made to your system

General
Species:  Tigriopus californicus
Species description:  little reddish orange critters
Culture source (link if possible):  KathyL
If algae, CCMP # (Optional): 
http://ccmp.bigelow.edu/
Culture Establishment Date:  10/02/2011
Continuation Date: 

Culturing Vessel Details
Salinity:  1.022
Temperature:    80F
pH:  8.0

Vessel description:  2L bottle
Lighting description:  Ambient from 18" fluorescent light strip.
Lighting cycle:  24hrs
Aeration description:  light bubbles. 2-4 per second

Methodologies
Split methodology:  n/a

Culture medium description:  as of right now RGComplete. I also have Nanno to feed if need be.

Cell count:  unknown
 (if known)

Reference links:  

Additional Information
(No Pictures or Videos in the Section Please)
Notes:  Got the culture from KathyL today. Very dense. I added about .5L to the culture and then started my air. Added RotiGrow Complete and I'm leaving it till morning.

You will be required to provide photographic evidence and as much detail as possible about your project in this thread.
If your thread does not contain detailed enough photos  and information the MBI Council will not be able to approve your reports.

<message edited by rgrking on Monday, October 3, 2011 7:05 PM>
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

rgrking
Re:Culture Journal, Species: Tigriopus californicus - Sunday, October 2, 2011 7:17 PM
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

GreshamH
  • Total Posts : 757
  • Reward points : 600
Re:Culture Journal, Species: Tigriopus californicus - Monday, October 3, 2011 12:53 PM

Culture medium description:  as of right now RotiGrow Complete. I also have Nanno to feed if need be.

Should read RGcomplete.  We have a Rotigrow product line and we do not want confusion with it.

rgrking
Re:Culture Journal, Species: Tigriopus californicus - Monday, October 3, 2011 7:05 PM
ok thank you for the correction!
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef