Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion Percula

FlynnFish
  • Total Posts : 212
  • Reward points : 457
Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion Percula - Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:38 PM
Breeding Journal DataSheet
This first post should be updated regularly to include new information as events take place or changes are made to your system

General
Species:  Amphiprion Percula
Social Structure:  mated pair
Size of Individuals:  female is 4 inches, male 2 inches
Age of Individuals: female around 5 years, male is 11 months 
Date added to Tank:  female added in July 2011 with previous mate- male passed away and new male added November 1 2011

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank:  15 gallons of a 120 gallon system
Substrate Details: bare bottom 
Filtration Details:  filter sock, carbon, deep sand bed, macroalgae, live rock, ASM G2 skimmer, bio-pellet reactor
Water Changes:  25% bi-weekly
Water Temperature:  80 F
Lighting:  VhO t12 bulbs
Lighting Cycle: Lights on at 9:30am, lights off at 10:30pm 
Other Tank Inhabitants:  1 harlequin shrimp

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types:  New Life spectrum Thera A, rods breeders blend, homemade food blend
Feeding Schedule: three times a day 

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn:  female has been spawning regularly since june - with new mate spawned on November 16th 2011
Spawn Time of Day:  late afternoon
Dates of Consecutive Spawns: November 16th 2011, December 27th 2011
Courtship Details:  none observed at this time 
Egg Size:  1mm
Egg Color:  bright orange
Egg Count:  100-200

Hatch Details
Hatch Date: expected Wednesday January 4th 2012
Hatch Time of Day: 
# Days after Spawn: 
Larvae Description: 

Larval Tank Details
Temperature: 
Size of Larval Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Metamorphosis/Settlement
Date of Settlement Start: 
Days after Hatch: 
Date of Settlement End: 
Description of Fry: 

Grow-Out Tank Details

Temperature: 
Size of Grow-Out Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 
Size at Transfer: 
Age at Transfer: 

Grow-Out Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Additional Information

(No Pictures or Videos in the Section Please)
Miscellaneous Information:  Original journal can be found here.
http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/breeding-journals/breeding-journal-amphiprion-percula-16971/

You will be required to provide photographic or video evidence in this thread of each event submitted for the MBI Program.
If your thread does not contain these photos the MBI Committee will not be able to approve your reports. PHOTOS AND VIDEO S MUST BE PLACED IN ADDITIONAL POSTS, NEVER IN THE FIRST POST IN A JOURNAL.

<message edited by FlynnFish on Friday, December 30, 2011 9:00 PM>

FlynnFish
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion Percula - Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:40 PM

pair with eggs

FlynnFish
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion Percula - Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:45 PM
the previous clutch from the pictures above did not make it. they did not get fertilized by the male. but they have laid more eggs today. I was not home to see if the male did his part and pertilized these or not. only time will tell.

FlynnFish
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion Percula - Friday, December 30, 2011 11:58 AM
Gil came through and fertilized his eggs. they have changed color today and lloking good. Gil is still new to this and is a bit lazy when it comes to fanning the clutch, I see him caring for the eggs only few times a day. I'm sure he will get better as he has more babies.

rgrking
  • Total Posts : 712
  • Reward points : 446
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion Percula - Friday, December 30, 2011 12:32 PM
good looking nest!
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

FlynnFish
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion Percula - Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:17 PM
Another batch laid today and it looks like the mother load!!! Poor little Gil has his work cut out for him this time.

rgrking
  • Total Posts : 712
  • Reward points : 446
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion Percula - Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:00 PM
holy crud!!! That's a lot of eggs!
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

FlynnFish
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion Percula - Saturday, January 28, 2012 1:50 PM
These eggs hatched well and I had a ton of them in a five gallon bucket (thats all i had to put them in) but I added too much greenwater and lost a bunch of babies. Three days after these hatched Bess and Gil had more eggs.

these are set to hatch tomorrow night.

FlynnFish
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Amphiprion Percula - Sunday, February 5, 2012 11:46 AM
Eggs hatched out just fine with the parents, I syphoned out about 20 and put them in with a bucket of ocellaris fry that hatched out 3 days earlier. Another batch was laid on Friday 2/3/12.