Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby)

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 54 of 54 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
waldend
  • Total Posts : 604
  • Reward points : 1855
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear.

Umm_fish?
  • Total Posts : 2835
  • Reward points : 953
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Friday, October 5, 2012 4:45 PM
Thanks. Part of the process, I guess. Now the goal is to raise enough to at least replace three. I will start looking for another male as soon as work slows down again.
--Andy, the bucket man.
"Not to know the mandolin is to argue oneself unknown...." --Clara Lanza, 1886

Umm_fish?
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Saturday, October 6, 2012 11:41 AM
Well, it is certainly not the male I lost. I got down to the fishroom right as lights were coming on this morning and he was shamelessly parading around the tank. So, looks like I need to replace the female.
--Andy, the bucket man.

GinaReef
  • Total Posts : 225
  • Reward points : 470
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Saturday, October 6, 2012 12:25 PM
It's a shame either way.

Arc Katana
  • Total Posts : 929
  • Reward points : 1293
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:09 AM
Andy I got 5 in today - 3 females and 2 males (going by the color on the fins).  I've already got two females as well.  If you can't find any let me know.

Cheers

Umm_fish?
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:23 PM
Thank you, sir! I need to talk to him tomorrow, so I will let you know.
--Andy, the bucket man.

Umm_fish?
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:58 PM
Thanks again, Mr. Arc, but it looks like my local guy is on top of it for me. I do appreciate your offer, though.
--Andy, the bucket man.

Arc Katana
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:16 AM
No worries  

Umm_fish?
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:32 AM
Sorry to not keep this up-to-date but life and all....

I introduced the new (tiny) female to the tank. At which point the larger female--that I had not seen in months in this tiny tank--swims out to check out the competition. Sigh. Things never got out of hand between the two and now there's a lovely goby trio in the tank, with the two females in two different rock formations about six inches apart. The little one seems to be growing quite quickly. I still haven't seen babies, but that might be me missing them (mainly because I hadn't been looking before since I thought there was only one fish in the tank). I need to get a full-time snagger set up and see what happens.
--Andy, the bucket man.

Umm_fish?
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:03 PM
Sad news. In the last 24 hours I lost first the large female and then the male this evening (and he looked fine this morning). I don't see the little one, but they are really good hiders. At this point I fear that I am out of broodstock. Dammit. No real clue what happened except maybe I didn't QT the little one long enough. Grr.

I'm going to dump the tank, bleach it, make some changes and start over. Bleh.

I _hate_ losing fish.
--Andy, the bucket man.

JimWelsh
  • Total Posts : 1426
  • Reward points : 1486
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:14 PM
Wow, that sucks Andy.  I know what you mean about hating losing fish.  I also know that it is even more frustrating when you don't know what happened that caused the loss.  Sorry to hear this.

matt1001
  • Total Posts : 268
  • Reward points : 768
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:38 AM
Wow some serious ups and downs, sorry to hear the latest

I find these gobies often die for no reason I think they come in quite thin and take a lot to fully acclimatise to aquarium life. I also wonder how they catch these considering there criptic nature in the wild

All the more reason to get a cb supply going!!

Umm_fish?
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:55 AM
Thanks, y'all. Good points. The older female always did stay a little thin. The male, however, was quite robust.
--Andy, the bucket man.

Arc Katana
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby) - Friday, August 2, 2013 1:06 PM
Rise from the dead ye necrotic post!

As luck would have it a wholesaler had them on sale.  I got eight and ended up with four pairs.  Now where to QT them as pairs and where lol!

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 54 of 54 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version