Cinammon Clowns

rgrking
  • Total Posts : 712
  • Scores: 22
  • Reward points : 446
Cinammon Clowns - Friday, August 31, 2012 9:47 AM
I finally got mine bonded!!!!

I've had this pair for a year or so. The large female always just tore up the smaller one. I ended up putting them in a 20L with some egg crate in the center of the tank. Right after I added them in the tank, the smaller one would swim up to the egg crate and lay over sideways, the larger one would try to bite it through the egg crate.

I woke up the next morning and they had swapped sides! The smaller one was all torn up, so I left them alone that day separated. I came home that evening and they were both on just one side of the tank. I took out the egg crate then. Finally last night I saw the female under the tiles just chilling and the male is swimming around with no issues. They both seem to be getting along finally!

I'm so excited!!!!! I've been trying to get a couple of small ones to try to pair up with them, but can't find any that I want.

Wish me luck on getting them to spawn. I'm just thrilled that they are finally getting along.
RLTW

180 Gallon Mixed Reef

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

jedi82knight
  • Total Posts : 53
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 290
Re:Cinammon Clowns - Friday, August 31, 2012 10:59 AM
Nice! Patience pays off, congrats
- Brandon AKA Jedi Knight

EasterEggs
  • Total Posts : 1946
  • Scores: 19
  • Reward points : 735
Re:Cinammon Clowns - Friday, August 31, 2012 4:50 PM
That's great!
Don't let fear and common sense stop you! =]

GinaReef
  • Total Posts : 225
  • Scores: -1
  • Reward points : 470
Re:Cinammon Clowns - Friday, August 31, 2012 9:42 PM
Hey congrats,  now you just have feed them well and keep the temp steady.
I'm on the next hurdle.  Mine have spawned about 10 times and I haven't had any live larvae yet.  They either hatch early, in the DT or get fungus in the hatchery.  Tonight, I try again.  I moved them to the fish bowl kriesel tank this evening.