Onyx Percula Clown fish tuning pale

goat585
  • Total Posts : 98
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 481
Onyx Percula Clown fish tuning pale - Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:21 PM
I have some 6-8 month old juvenile onyx percula clown fish that are turning pale almost looking whitish.  There are only a few in the batch.  I have seen it before in real small ones but never in the larger ones.  The majority of them look to be normal. Has anyone seen this before or know what it is?  I will try to get a picture tomorrow

Thanks

temper76
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 63
Re:Onyx Percula Clown fish tuning pale - Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:47 PM
Were they black before?? Do you mean pale like a dirty color? Mocha color maybe?? Were you had them before n were do you have them now ,bare bottom?,sand ? Lights? Food?? Are they acting sick??

Fishtal
  • Total Posts : 5467
  • Scores: 37
  • Reward points : 2908
Re:Onyx Percula Clown fish tuning pale - Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:03 PM
Guess I missed this thread while I was away... Did you ever get pics or figure out what was going on?
http://www.fishtalpropagations.com/#!home/mainPage
"Making captive breeding easier."

goat585
  • Total Posts : 98
  • Reward points : 481
Re:Onyx Percula Clown fish tuning pale - Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:17 PM
They still are like that.  They had not developed their black yet.  It looks like they are pink instead of orange.  The white even looks washed out.  They just look off and some of their belly's look a little sunken.  I'll have to catch a couple and take a picture.  All of them just ball together so I cannot get a picture.  They are eating.  Tank shows not amomium or nitrite.  80ppm is Nitrate salinity 1.023 Temp 78-79 degrees.  There may be 10 or so out of the 100-150 in the tank.

temper76
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 63
Re:Onyx Percula Clown fish tuning pale - Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:46 PM
I would have to see pics I have a few rods onyx had them in a tank with sand,torch,frogspawn etc.. soft corals that they host,after they got to be a year they started fighting I had them all together 7 of them so I move 4 to a bare bottom tank just with a piece of live rock n back Pam filter within 1-2 month they lost all their color now they look pale like a regular perk ,the ones on the other tank kept their color but as time went by did not care for my solfties n little by little they melted didn't change my pc on the tank so their color started to fade a little but not all the way I feed all the same thing

TanksEveryWhere
  • Total Posts : 41
  • Reward points : 94
Re:Onyx Percula Clown fish tuning pale - Monday, July 8, 2013 6:12 PM
I have actually heard of onyx losing their color when put in w/ the wrong nem, but I haven't heard anything like this in a awhile. Can we get an update on the situation. Very interested to hear if it's changed?