Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata boggessi

Marinesciencemaniac
  • Total Posts : 81
  • Reward points : 134
Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata boggessi - Friday, March 8, 2013 11:28 PM
Breeding Journal DataSheet
This first post should be updated regularly to include new information as events take place or changes are made to your system

General
Species:  Lysmata boggessi
Social Structure: 
Size of Individuals:  1.25 inches for the male, , 1.75 inches for the three females
Age of Individuals:  Unknown ordered from Live Aquaria
Date added to Tank:  March 6, 2013

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank:  60 gallons
Substrate Details:  fine and course live sand
Filtration Details:  Aqueon Power Filter Quiet Flow 55/75
Water Changes:  Bi-weekly
Water Temperature:  75 degrees F
Lighting:  two Fluorcent standard lights
Lighting Cycle:  7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Other Tank Inhabitants:  Clarkii Clownfish, Threadfin Butterflyfish, Black and White Heniochus, Yellowtail damsel, 3 green chromis, 2 fire gobies

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types:  marine pellets, flakes
Feeding Schedule:  multiple times a day, betweem 3-7 times a day

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn:  3-30-13
Spawn Time of Day:  Unknown, I was gone at time of spawn
Dates of Consecutive Spawns:  Either April 11th, or 12th, 2013, didn't see eggs until today, but didn't have a good look at them yesterday.  
Courtship Details:  Unknown, I was not there to witness it.
Egg Size:  Small, couple of millimeters long.
Egg Color: Yellow             
Egg Count:  50? Hard to get a good look at them

Hatch Details
Hatch Date: 
Hatch Time of Day: 
# Days after Spawn: 
Larvae Description: 

Larval Tank Details
Temperature: 
Size of Larval Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Metamorphosis/Settlement
Date of Settlement Start: 
Days after Hatch: 
Date of Settlement End: 
Description of Fry: 

Grow-Out Tank Details

Temperature: 
Size of Grow-Out Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 
Size at Transfer: 
Age at Transfer: 

Grow-Out Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Additional Information
(No Pictures or Videos in the Section Please)
Miscellaneous Information: 
The female shrimp has been very camera shy the last few days, and when I realized that she was carrying eggs, I knew that was why she was shy. She likes to hang upside down in her cave, so my pictures make it hard to reveal her abdomen, where the eggs are. I will try to get the picture before the babies hatch.

You will be required to provide photographic evidence in this thread of each event submitted for the MBI Program.
If your thread does not contain these photos the MBI Committee will not be able to approve your reports.

<message edited by Marinesciencemaniac on Friday, April 12, 2013 6:34 PM>

Marinesciencemaniac
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata wurdenammi - Friday, March 8, 2013 11:37 PM
Sorry that there are four of these journals, I was having internet problems, and I did not mean to press submit so many times, this is the one that I am going to update now.

Marinesciencemaniac
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata wurdenammi - Saturday, March 9, 2013 11:25 AM
Here is a picture of the more dominant shrimp, and one of my firefish that inhabit its borrow along with the shrimp.

Marinesciencemaniac
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata wurdenammi - Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:47 AM
Last night I caught the female carrying eggs, but she is being to camera shy to get a picture, I will try again today to get a good picture.

Marinesciencemaniac
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata wurdenammi - Thursday, April 4, 2013 7:30 PM
Here is a picture of the female carrying eggs, as well as one of the male. Sorry for the not so good quality, my zoom lens is having problems adjusting. 
The first picture is of the male that has been hanging around the female more in the last 10 days. There is another male in the tank, but he is more camera shy, and I haven't seen him for a couple of days.

On the second picture, of the female, you can see some of the eggs on her abdomen from just where it is out of the cave. Though this is not much, it is the most that I have been able to get her out since she started carrying eggs. 

<message edited by Marinesciencemaniac on Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:06 PM>

Marinesciencemaniac
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata wurdenammi - Thursday, April 4, 2013 7:49 PM
It is not letting me attach the pictures, as I get a box with a question mark on it whenever I try to put my pictures on.

Can anyone help? The pictures are from Facebook.

Edit: Pictures are now in.

Thanks Amphispur
<message edited by Marinesciencemaniac on Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:08 PM>

Amphispur
  • Total Posts : 417
  • Reward points : 853
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata wurdenammi - Thursday, April 4, 2013 7:53 PM
I'd recommend creating a photobucket account, its free and you can upload photos and it gives you a tag that copies it right from the photo's page

Marinesciencemaniac
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata wurdenammi - Sunday, April 7, 2013 12:21 PM
Another picture of the female, eggs should be where the edge of the shadow is. Looks like a small bright spot, and some fainter yellow spots.

Marinesciencemaniac
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata wurdenammi - Friday, April 12, 2013 4:36 PM
I realized that my shrimp were not Lysmata wurdemanni, but instead were Lysmata bogessi. 

Marinesciencemaniac
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata wurdenammi - Friday, April 12, 2013 6:19 PM
I was taking a few of my fish and shrimp out of my tank this morning, and when I bagged my shrimp, I saw two of them carrying eggs. I guess that one shrimp that I thought died was in fact alive, and glad to see that they are laying eggs.

Marinesciencemaniac
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata wurdenammi - Friday, April 12, 2013 6:31 PM
Here are two pictures of them carrying eggs.