Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula picasso variant]

joebean
  • Total Posts : 50
  • Reward points : 357
Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula picasso variant] - Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:00 PM
Breeding Journal DataSheet
This first post should be updated regularly to include new information as events take place or changes are made to your system

General
Species:  Amphiprion Percula
Social Structure:  Pair
Size of Individuals:  4.5" and 3"
Age of Individuals:  <6 and 3 year old
Date added to Tank:  2 years ago

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank:  20 gal linked to 200 gal total
Substrate Details:  bare
Filtration Details:  150 lb liverock, vodka
Water Changes:  20gal monthly
Water Temperature:  79 F
Lighting:  16h
Lighting Cycle:  8am-12am
Other Tank Inhabitants: 

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types:  dry and frozen
Feeding Schedule:  once daily, sometimes twice

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn: 
Spawn Time of Day: 
Dates of Consecutive Spawns: 
Courtship Details: 
Egg Size: 
Egg Color: 
Egg Count: 

Hatch Details
Hatch Date: 
Hatch Time of Day: 
# Days after Spawn: 
Larvae Description:   
Consecutive Hatch Dates:     

Larval Tank Details
Temperature: 
Size of Larval Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Metamorphosis/Settlement
Date of Settlement Start: 
Days after Hatch: 
Date of Settlement End: 
Description of Fry: 

Grow-Out Tank Details

Temperature: 
Size of Grow-Out Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 
Size at Transfer: 
Age at Transfer: 

Grow-Out Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Additional Information

(No Pictures or Videos in the Section Please)
Miscellaneous Information: 

You will be required to provide photographic or video evidence in this thread of each event submitted for the MBI Program.
If your thread does not contain these photos the MBI Committee will not be able to approve your reports. PHOTOS AND VIDEO S MUST BE PLACED IN ADDITIONAL POSTS, NEVER IN THE FIRST POST IN A JOURNAL.

joebean
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula picasso variant] - Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:16 PM
I've had this picasso alone in a tank for more than 3 months with the objective of making it a female. It would never accept any kind of clownfish i put in with it. I decided to break up a pair of normal barred perculas i had for 2 years. The female took him in after just a couple of hours. I was quite surprised it had not turned female during those 3 months.

I have a terrible track record working with my rotifers, my density is always crap because i insist on being cheap and using my own phyto that i grow. I ordered a bag of rotifer and poured half in a new culture and half in the fry tank. The next day the culture was completly clear no trace of rotifers. #@$@#$ !!....

So after only one feeding of rotifers and being completly frustrated with my failure at culturing i am resorting to feeding the frys with Otohime A1. I mix it in a cup of water then drip it down slowly all over the tank with a turkey blaster. It took a couple of feedings for the fry to finnally accept the dry feed. I'm very happy that i got maybe 80% of them eating it. I'm very interested to see if they ll make it.

Fishtal
  • Total Posts : 5467
  • Reward points : 2908
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula picasso variant] - Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:22 PM
Check your heater ASAP. There is a wavy line that shows the minimum water level and it looks like yours is much lower than that. I lay my heaters (submersible) on the bottom of my hatch tanks.
http://www.fishtalpropagations.com/#!home/mainPage
"Making captive breeding easier."

joebean
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion Percula picasso variant] - Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:26 PM
You' re right... I've always hanged them that way with no problem but better safe than sorry