Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata boggessi

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 45 of 45 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
jazzybio13
  • Total Posts : 492
  • Reward points : 274
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata boggessi - Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:26 PM
Here's a picture of the new set up... using the flat fish bowl for kriesel now... seems to be working well. This is the longest they've lived yet. 

jazzybio13
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata boggessi - Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:27 PM
Built some new kite huts for the parents... they seem to really like this! 

Lrood
  • Total Posts : 370
  • Reward points : 880
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata boggessi - Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:30 AM
Any more luck with these?  I was reading through this journal again today and wondering if you got any to settlement yet.

Lrood
  • Total Posts : 370
  • Reward points : 880
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata boggessi - Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:34 AM
Any more luck with these?  I was reading through this journal again today and wondering if you got any to settlement yet.  Is your kriesel temp staying warm enough (I didn't see a heater in it)?  Also for water changes, I always used water from my main tank (either the broodstock or my main reef tank), run through a 53 micron filter.

jazzybio13
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Lysmata boggessi - Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:42 PM
yes, and no. lol. I did get some up to 20dph (which is longer than I've been able to get to before... but forgot to take pics... lol. and then took a short break on them as we are building a new fry system... so the attention is diverted right now! But after I finish this fry rack, I'll catch another round going and get photo's. lol. 

as to the no heater, their kreisel is inside the broodstock armoire cabinet. (below with the sump)... and the ambient temperature in there is 78-80 at all times. so temp should be good.... and also give them broodstock water through my 25 µm sieve. 

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 45 of 45 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version