Breeding Journal, Species: Premnas biaculeatus (Gold Stripped Maroon)

General0
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 23
Breeding Journal, Species: Premnas biaculeatus (Gold Stripped Maroon) - Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:32 AM
Breeding Journal DataSheet
This first post should be updated regularly to include new information as events take place or changes are made to your system

General
Species: Premnas biaculeatus 
Social Structure:  Pair
Size of Individuals:  female 5", male 2.5"
Age of Individuals:  3 1/2 years
Date added to Tank:  April 2012

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank:  165g
Substrate Details:  Fiji Pink 3"
Filtration Details:  40g sump with skimmer and GFO/Carbon reactor
Water Changes:  20g every two weeks
Water Temperature:  79 degrees
Lighting:  3 Reefbreeder 120w LED's
Lighting Cycle:  7:30am sunrise, peak at 1:30pm, sunset at 7:30pm, moon lights till midnight
Other Tank Inhabitants:  Two Yellow tangs, purple tang, Sailfin tang, Blue Hippo tang, Mystery wrasse, Yellow Corris Wrasse, 7 Blue Green Damsels, Chalk Basslet, 2 Pajama Cardinals

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types:  New Life Spectrum Thera A, home made fish food, Julian Sprung's Sea Veggies, Green Sheet, 30 grams 
Feeding Schedule:  twice a day pellet, once every other day meaty home made fish food, 1 a day 1 sheet of sea weed 30 grams

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn:  1/1/2013
Spawn Time of Day:  unknown
Dates of Consecutive Spawns:  7/17/2013, 8/6/2013
Courtship Details:  Unknown
Egg Size:  2-3mm length, 1mm round
Egg Color:  orange
Egg Count:  200-250

Hatch Details
Hatch Date:  8/12/2013
Hatch Time of Day:  10:30pm
# Days after Spawn:  6
Larvae Description: silver clearish, about 3mm long                          
Consecutive Hatch Dates: first successful hatch

Larval Tank Details
Temperature:  79
Size of Larval Tank:  10g
Substrate Details:  none
Other Tank Decor:  pvc
Filtration Details:  airstone
Lighting:  CFL
Lighting Cycle:  7:30am lights on 6:30pm lights off
Water Changes:  none

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types: rotifer
Feeding Schedule:  consistent

Metamorphosis/Settlement
Date of Settlement Start: 
Days after Hatch: 
Date of Settlement End: 
Description of Fry: 

Grow-Out Tank Details

Temperature: 
Size of Grow-Out Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 
Size at Transfer: 
Age at Transfer: 

Grow-Out Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Additional Information

(No Pictures or Videos in the Section Please)
Miscellaneous Information: 

You will be required to provide photographic or video evidence in this thread of each event submitted for the MBI Program.
If your thread does not contain these photos the MBI Committee will not be able to approve your reports. PHOTOS AND VIDEO S MUST BE PLACED IN ADDITIONAL POSTS, NEVER IN THE FIRST POST IN A JOURNAL.

General0
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Premnas biaculeatus (Gold Stripped Maroon) - Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:36 AM

shannpeach
  • Total Posts : 955
  • Reward points : 676
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Premnas biaculeatus (Gold Stripped Maroon) - Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:09 AM
I think GSM are some of the most beautiful clowns and they were the first fish I ever raised  Good luck with them! 

General0
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Premnas biaculeatus (Gold Stripped Maroon) - Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:08 PM
Thank you, they are my favorite and are always the first fish people recognize in the tank!
This is my first attempt at breeding saltwater fish, I had several successful batches of Flowerhorns when I was into freshwater fish. So far everything is going well, the tank the fry are in are all hatched and the water is now green with rotifier. They are swimming around looking healthy and happy so far!
<message edited by General0 on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:00 PM>

reeflover
  • Total Posts : 183
  • Reward points : 258
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Premnas biaculeatus (Gold Stripped Maroon) - Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:42 PM
Here are the pictures of the one day old larvae.  There are about 30 of them total from this hatch.  Credit for the hatch goes to Cliff (General0) as they hatched at my house just after he arrived with them.  I will be trying to raise them from hatch through settlement to 60 days post-settlement.  Anyway, not great pics but you can tell its fish larvae.  (oh, this is now day 2 and they seem to be doing just fine).

Attached Image(s)

General0
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Premnas biaculeatus (Gold Stripped Maroon) - Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:09 AM
Here is another picture of the female, I'll try to get a really good one of the pair tomorrow.

jazzybio13
  • Total Posts : 492
  • Reward points : 274
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: Premnas biaculeatus (Gold Stripped Maroon) - Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:47 AM
beautiful!