Advce needed- making new clownfish pairs

GinaReef
  • Total Posts : 225
  • Scores: -1
  • Reward points : 470
Advce needed- making new clownfish pairs - Saturday, October 5, 2013 11:59 PM
Hey guys,
I've got 4 ocellaris in a 25 gal tank in a 75 gal system.  There was one from a previous pair(widowed) and 3 juvies.  They seem to have paired off.  the 2 largest and the 2 smallest.  I know the larger ones will probably pair up and become female and male, but will the smaller ones also pair up if they are only separated by an aquarium divider?  Do I have to move the small pair to another tank entirely for them to mature?
<message edited by GinaReef on Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:03 PM>

GinaReef
  • Total Posts : 225
  • Scores: -1
  • Reward points : 470
Re:Advce needed- making new clownfish pairs - Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:09 PM
Can someone tell me if they will pair off in the same tank?-Do I just need a divider?  If they can't see each other is it good enough?  Do they have to be in separate tanks?

Fishtal
  • Total Posts : 5467
  • Scores: 37
  • Reward points : 2908
Re:Advce needed- making new clownfish pairs - Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:19 PM
I would have paired up the large one with one of the smaller juveniles. Same with the second largest. Chances are if the two larger fish become a pair the other two will stay non-functional males if you keep all four fish together.
http://www.fishtalpropagations.com/#!home/mainPage
"Making captive breeding easier."

patent
  • Total Posts : 67
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 843
Re:Advce needed- making new clownfish pairs - Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:42 AM
If they can't see each other, then pairing is possible.  Never a guarantee though, FWIW.