WTB: Apocyclops panamensis and Oxyrrhis marina

ScooterTDI
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 54
WTB: Apocyclops panamensis and Oxyrrhis marina - Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:41 PM
Hello,
I am looking for starter cultures of Apocyclops panamensis and Oxyrrhis marina. If you are willing to provide a starter, I'd be happy to pay a fair price. Thanks!

Scott

JimWelsh
  • Total Posts : 1426
  • Reward points : 1486
Re:WTB: Apocyclops panamensis and Oxyrrhis marina - Friday, October 25, 2013 2:01 AM
PM me.  Be prepared to defend that "Total Posts: 0" in your Avatar area.

ScooterTDI
Re:WTB: Apocyclops panamensis and Oxyrrhis marina - Friday, October 25, 2013 6:30 AM
Hi Jim,

I can't pm without at least one post. I don't want to pollute the forums with meaningless posts just to get a minimum post count. I could start a system build thread as that is what i am in the process of now.
I'd be happy to defend my post count though. I am just getting back into breeding after taking a break for several years. I used to be on the MOFIB boards. I used to mostly breed Hippocampus fuscus, though I've dabbled in other similarly easy species. I am looking to work with some more challenging species now, hence the need for copepods. I am planning to start with Doryrhamphus excisus and if successful, move on to other pipe species. I made a few unsuccessful attempts at the bluestripe pipes years ago, but all I had in culture at the time was rotifers and Tigriopus. I know that you've had success with this species using Apocyclops, so I thought I'd use that as a starting point. I talked with Dan Underwood yesterday and he suggested that I contact you. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Scott

JimWelsh
  • Total Posts : 1426
  • Reward points : 1486
Re:WTB: Apocyclops panamensis and Oxyrrhis marina - Friday, October 25, 2013 12:29 PM
Fair enough.  You caught me in a grumpy mood.  Again, PM me.

KathyL
  • Total Posts : 2639
  • Reward points : 1504
Re:WTB: Apocyclops panamensis and Oxyrrhis marina - Sunday, December 22, 2013 1:15 PM
Hey Scooter!
Welcome back!
We are all glad to have you here! And I also speak for grumpy Jim, the copepod, hippocampus wonderboy.  He's usually ungrumpy.  Thanks for taking the grumpiness well.
check out Kathy's Clowns, llc website:
http://kathysclowns.com
Captive bred clownfish and more
(Wholesale to the trade.)

ScooterTDI
Re:WTB: Apocyclops panamensis and Oxyrrhis marina - Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:06 AM
Thanks!

The holidays have temporarily distracted me, so I haven't been on here much lately. Hopefully, I'll have more time in January.

Scott