Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion melanopus - Stripeless]

Amphispur
  • Total Posts : 417
  • Reward points : 853
Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion melanopus - Stripeless] - Monday, July 28, 2014 1:14 PM
Breeding Journal DataSheet
This first post should be updated regularly to include new information as events take place or changes are made to your system

General
Species:  Amphiprion melanopus
Social Structure:  Pair
Size of Individuals: 
Age of Individuals:  Unknown
Date added to Tank:   31 July, 2014

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank:  10g
Substrate Details:  None, a clay pot to spawn in
Filtration Details:  40g biological
Water Changes:  Little to none
Water Temperature:  ~82F
Lighting:  Two t5 whites
Lighting Cycle:  16 on, 8 off
Other Tank Inhabitants:  None

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types:  Rod's Breeders, Original, and Europina, and homemade food
Feeding Schedule:  Every four hours

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn: 
Spawn Time of Day: 
Dates of Consecutive Spawns: 
Courtship Details: 
Egg Size: 
Egg Color: 
Egg Count: 

Hatch Details
Hatch Date: 
Hatch Time of Day: 
# Days after Spawn: 
Larvae Description:   
Consecutive Hatch Dates:     

Larval Tank Details
Temperature: 
Size of Larval Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Metamorphosis/Settlement
Date of Settlement Start: 
Days after Hatch: 
Date of Settlement End: 
Description of Fry: 

Grow-Out Tank Details

Temperature: 
Size of Grow-Out Tank: 
Substrate Details: 
Other Tank Decor: 
Filtration Details: 
Lighting: 
Lighting Cycle: 
Water Changes: 
Size at Transfer: 
Age at Transfer: 

Grow-Out Feeding Details
Food Types: 
Feeding Schedule: 

Additional Information

(No Pictures or Videos in the Section Please)
Miscellaneous Information: 

You will be required to provide photographic or video evidence in this thread of each event submitted for the MBI Program.
If your thread does not contain these photos the MBI Committee will not be able to approve your reports. PHOTOS AND VIDEO S MUST BE PLACED IN ADDITIONAL POSTS, NEVER IN THE FIRST POST IN A JOURNAL.

<message edited by Amphispur on Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:19 PM>

Amphispur
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion melanopus - Stripeless] - Monday, July 28, 2014 1:16 PM
I will be getting a pair of Stripeless Cinnimon Clowns from SA, they call them Naked tomatos, they should arrive around Thursday, along with the rest of the fish from the raffle as well! After watching Matt's presentation, I am very excited to get these guys and play around with them.

Mdoty
  • Total Posts : 156
  • Reward points : 1044
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion melanopus - Stripeless] - Monday, July 28, 2014 9:57 PM
Excited to see them! I agree with seeing all the natural variants it kinda makes me want to start a collection of the same species.

mPedersen
  • Total Posts : 3450
  • Reward points : 1376
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion melanopus - Stripeless] - Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:43 AM
I doubt they'll disappoint.  This Coral See Variant is just awesome.  If you want to see a photo of them in the wild, page 121 of Fautin and Allen shows them.  Additionally, there's a single individual shown on page 91 of the same book.  Quality Marine also has some nice photos here - http://www.qualitymarine....ack,-%22No-Bar%22-Pair - I would love to hear more about how your offspring spreads develop...this is one of those oddball races that I really want in my basement someday.

Amphispur
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion melanopus - Stripeless] - Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:15 AM
Matt, are you planning on trying the Clarkii x (Tomato I think?) to get A. lukranos? I may try it next year, or this year if I can get another extension on the Breeders setup, BESIDES the extension I'm already putting on it.

KathyL
  • Total Posts : 2639
  • Reward points : 1504
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion melanopus - Stripeless] - Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:27 AM
I thought that cross was Chrysopterus and Sandarcincto….Blue stripe and orange skunk….
check out Kathy's Clowns, llc website:
http://kathysclowns.com
Captive bred clownfish and more
(Wholesale to the trade.)

Amphispur
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion melanopus - Stripeless] - Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:31 AM
You are right... That's what I get for typing that five minutes after I woke up! Whoops! Thanks Kathy

Amphispur
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion melanopus - Stripeless] - Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:16 PM
And they have arrived! A happy and healthy pair, and with a little help, should be spawning soon! (I hope) They were much bigger than I thought they would come, kudos to Matt down at SA for that!

Amphispur
Re: Breeding Journal, Species: [Amphiprion melanopus - Stripeless] - Saturday, August 2, 2014 5:27 PM
So far, it seems like all they want to eat is the SA Hatchery Diet, but the pair is doing well. They have hosted the flower pot, although they cannot figure out whether to sleep on the inside of it or on the outside.