Newbie and I want some points LOL

kizanne
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 64
Newbie and I want some points LOL - Saturday, December 13, 2014 6:33 PM
I just got back into saltwater after a hiatus.  I got back in with the specific goals of breeding mandarins but thought I'd throw some others in because I love babies and need to practice on easier things.

I have some food cultures going.  I have nanno, L-rotifers, amipods and working on copepods (hopefully tisbe but I'll take what will grow).  I am still working to establish T-Iso and tetra.  So where do I post pictures to get my points?

I have had my peppermint shrimp throw some babies and got them to day 7.  that was in the past so I don't know if I can get any points for that.  My cleaner shrimp just let some babies this morning but I didn't catch them.

I have something else spawning that I really would love to know what the heck it is.
http://www.reefcentral.co...18&pictureid=66828
That thing has spawn 3 times in my tank.

I think I'm coming up on Sharknose goby spawn.

dave w
  • Total Posts : 296
  • Scores: -2
  • Reward points : 549
Re:Newbie and I want some points LOL - Saturday, December 13, 2014 9:59 PM
Wow, you GO girl.  Start racking those points up and go after the big players!

That's what the point system is all about, fun competition between friends.

waldend
  • Total Posts : 604
  • Scores: 10
  • Reward points : 1855
Re:Newbie and I want some points LOL - Saturday, December 13, 2014 11:13 PM
You will need to start a journal in the appropriate forum as the first step. After you fill out all the info you can then read the FAQ below on creating a report. Just take your time and make sure all journal and report fields match. Welcome and good luck!

http://www.mbisite.org/Forums/tm.aspx?m=76931

mPedersen
  • Total Posts : 3450
  • Scores: 29
  • Reward points : 1376
Re:Newbie and I want some points LOL - Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:24 AM
I might suggest ditching the nano and simply using frozen pastes for that if you need it; focuso on culturing T-Iso as that's the one that you can't really get prepared and, compared to some of the green phytos, T-Iso is a little more touchy.

You can absolutely get credit for past spawns, hatches etc. provided you have the right documentation (eg. photos and proper notes / prior forum threads to point back to as proof etc) 

kizanne
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 64
Re:Newbie and I want some points LOL - Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:41 AM
Quote Originally Posted by mPedersen

I might suggest ditching the nano and simply using frozen pastes for that if you need it; focuso on culturing T-Iso as that's the one that you can't really get prepared and, compared to some of the green phytos, T-Iso is a little more touchy.

You can absolutely get credit for past spawns, hatches etc. provided you have the right documentation (eg. photos and proper notes / prior forum threads to point back to as proof etc) 

Yeah I have some of the paste from reef gen. I like the live because when using it in they culture it produces less ammonia.  I really want to go through as little water as possible as I'm on septic.  Also some of the copepods will only take live algae (T-iso). I also have some amphipod in the nanno and they do well.  I have an experiment going right now in a 65 with nanno and rotifers.  But I like the paste for convenience.  Still playing with both live a paste.