Maroon Clownfish - yellow stripe color development

EasterEggs
  • Total Posts : 1946
  • Scores: 19
  • Reward points : 735
Maroon Clownfish - yellow stripe color development - Monday, February 2, 2015 9:36 AM
I'm looking for information on how to achieve the yellow/gold stripe coloration in captive bred Gold Stripe Maroons.  Tiny WILD juveniles around 1" will have full yellow coloring on their stripes, but captive bred GSM take "forever" to develop the yellow coloring.  Does anyone have any luck getting this color to develop early on like the wild counterparts?
Don't let fear and common sense stop you! =]

mPedersen
  • Total Posts : 3450
  • Scores: 29
  • Reward points : 1376
Re:Maroon Clownfish - yellow stripe color development - Monday, February 2, 2015 11:30 AM
It comes with age. All references suggest 1 year is when they start to color. (in other words, that tiny wild juvenile might be 1 year + of age)

EasterEggs
Re:Maroon Clownfish - yellow stripe color development - Monday, February 2, 2015 10:50 PM
Quote Originally Posted by mPedersen

It comes with age. All references suggest 1 year is when they start to color. (in other words, that tiny wild juvenile might be 1 year + of age)

We grow em faster then?  The trouble is (Perculas are bad for this too) that they get bigger than shops want to buy them at, but aren't colored up yet!  So I need to control food intake once the stripes are developed to control growth and coast along letting the color develop?

mPedersen
  • Total Posts : 3450
  • Scores: 29
  • Reward points : 1376
Re:Maroon Clownfish - yellow stripe color development - Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:08 PM
That sounds good on paper....

EasterEggs
Re:Maroon Clownfish - yellow stripe color development - Tuesday, February 3, 2015 9:46 PM
Quote Originally Posted by mPedersen
That sounds good on paper....

Oh I know!  haha