Amphiprion Ocellaris spawned once then stopped.

ray2111
  • Total Posts : 148
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 332
Amphiprion Ocellaris spawned once then stopped. - Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:35 PM
Hello everyone, I need a little help. I finally had a pair Ocellaris clowns spawn they did well with the eggs all the way until I pulled the tile. I have 9 babies out of that batch that made it with no issues. They will be 60 DPH tomorrow. After the first spawn they have not spawned since. Is this normal or is there an issue that im missing ? I have been reading other journals and it seems that most are Spawning every few weeks.

Mdoty
  • Total Posts : 156
  • Scores: 1
  • Reward points : 1044
Re:Amphiprion Ocellaris spawned once then stopped. - Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:30 AM
Its hard to say without more information. I would look at water quality, are you keeping up on the water changes? Did you change the diet at all? Its been pretty cold the past couple months in the midwest and a couple of my heaters are not keeping up with the added need, whats the tank temp? Has the temp fluctuated with the cold temps? I would check those things first and then maybe tick the temp up a degree or two or extend the photo period by a half hour or hour. If all seems well as tank perimeters then maybe change up the diet.