Tiles

hopaddict
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 27
Tiles - Monday, April 13, 2015 1:04 PM
How important is the finish on ceramic tiles we use for egg-laying fish. By finish I don't mean finished side of the tile, but the rough/glue side of the tile that the fish usually lay on. I am having a hard time finding a decent selection of smaller tiles, anything smaller than 12". I recently bought some 6x8 tiles that have a honeycomb pattern on them. The pattern is definitely deeper than the typical tile with small rounded ridges.
I put one of these tiles in with my tomato pair and they didn't lay on it but instead decided to lay on the tile outside their cave that was laying flat on the bottom (which was a 'normal' tile, well, if you call white normal, but not normal terracotta). This pair usually lay on the diagonal ceiling of the tile cave, so it seemed unusual for them.
I guess I will try the trial and error with these tiles ... unless somebody else has done the experiment for me?

Fishtal
  • Total Posts : 5467
  • Scores: 37
  • Reward points : 2908
Re:Tiles - Monday, April 13, 2015 1:51 PM
The basic 6x6 and 6x8 tiles you find at HD will work just fine. It usually takes a pair of clowns a little while to get used to anything new in their tank. Just give them a little time to adjust.
http://www.fishtalpropagations.com/#!home/mainPage
"Making captive breeding easier."