Naked Clown Crossed with ???

road8514
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Scores: 5
  • Reward points : 1239
Naked Clown Crossed with ??? - Friday, November 20, 2015 4:14 PM
Has anyone had any experience with breeding naked clownfish with fancys, snowflakes, or anything to see what happens? I have put it in the clownfish calculator so I know the breakdown on genes. Just wondering if anyone has done it and what both genes do when put together? Wondering if it is worth making a pair? 

superfish
  • Total Posts : 61
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 183
Re:Naked Clown Crossed with ??? - Saturday, November 21, 2015 2:14 AM
if you have a full line of clowns. Yeah, it could be nice to have another variety.
Otherwise, IMO not worth it.
There are some breeders pairing midnight with black snow, producing some black snow lightening. Same to the nakedXsnow. But problem is, not many people want those, expensive fish but nothing special.
Plus, you will end up having too many misbar ocellaris... Which would be another problem.

Mdoty
  • Total Posts : 156
  • Scores: 1
  • Reward points : 1044
Re:Naked Clown Crossed with ??? - Sunday, November 22, 2015 3:40 PM
These fish don't need to be expensive, if there is not the market for it then the price will drop. In my opinion its a project that if done right would be worth doing. If for no other reason to find out if that is actually what the results are. 

mPedersen
  • Total Posts : 3450
  • Scores: 29
  • Reward points : 1376
Re:Naked Clown Crossed with ??? - Monday, November 23, 2015 12:57 PM
Midnight X Black Snowflake yields a range of fishes; In theory 25% Normally barred "blacks", 25% Black Snowflakes, 25% the range of midnight / domino / extreme misbar blacks, and 25% are "Midnight Black Lightning" where the snowflake gene still reshapes / distorts the bars, but the naked gene reduces them..and thus the best of these get a little lighting bolt shaped mark on their flank.  If you do a Naked on a Snowflake, you get that same range, just in orange vs. black.  If you were to say, use an orange Naked and a Black snowflake, you'd get the same range of bar patterns but on an overall Mocha fish.

road8514
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Scores: 5
  • Reward points : 1239
Re:Naked Clown Crossed with ??? - Wednesday, November 25, 2015 12:12 AM
Thanks all. I did run it through the calculator and got those same answers. I guess I am wondering do we know this to be correct has someon done it? What do the midnight black lighting clowns look like or what do orange lightnings look like? I had a hard time finding pictures.
Thanks

superfish
  • Total Posts : 61
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 183
Re:Naked Clown Crossed with ??? - Monday, November 30, 2015 8:26 PM
what do you think.

Quote Originally Posted by road8514

Thanks all. I did run it through the calculator and got those same answers. I guess I am wondering do we know this to be correct has someon done it? What do the midnight black lighting clowns look like or what do orange lightnings look like? I had a hard time finding pictures.
Thanks

Mdoty
  • Total Posts : 156
  • Scores: 1
  • Reward points : 1044
Re:Naked Clown Crossed with ??? - Tuesday, December 1, 2015 12:11 AM
My vote is its interesting, If that pattern could be developed more it would be cooler.